Articles on this Page
- 10/20/14--05:51: _Tiny House Force Mu...
- 10/23/14--05:15: _City Bus Re-routes ...
- 10/25/14--14:17: _Tiny House Chat – R...
- 10/26/14--05:03: _Tiny Houses, Homele...
- 11/10/14--00:10: _Finding Land For A ...
- 11/14/14--16:43: _Tiny House Plans Fo...
- 11/22/14--06:02: _Welcome To The Tiny...
- 12/04/14--04:35: _Paul’s Wofati: the ...
- 12/09/14--11:11: _The Next Housing Cr...
- 12/15/14--12:04: _My First Winter In ...
- 12/18/14--04:35: _Tiny Houses Aren’t ...
- 12/31/14--19:09: _New Year’s Resolutions
- 01/08/15--04:25: _The Tiny Life Intro...
- 01/15/15--05:35: _Antique Folding Bat...
- 01/19/15--06:19: _Houses From Tiny Ho...
- 01/22/15--05:25: _From the British Wi...
- 02/02/15--06:00: _2015 Tiny House Survey
- 02/16/15--06:26: _Being Sick In A Tin...
- 02/23/15--06:38: _Sketchup Coming The...
- 03/02/15--12:18: _Tiny House Solar
- 10/20/14--05:51: Tiny House Force Multipliers: Taking Life To The Next Level
- 10/23/14--05:15: City Bus Re-routes As Hotel
- 10/25/14--14:17: Tiny House Chat – Ryan’s Getting Started Guide
- 10/26/14--05:03: Tiny Houses, Homeless And Low Income Housing Options
- 11/10/14--00:10: Finding Land For A Tiny House
- 11/14/14--16:43: Tiny House Plans For Families
- 11/22/14--06:02: Welcome To The Tiny Life
- 12/04/14--04:35: Paul’s Wofati: the 2nd winter
- 12/09/14--11:11: The Next Housing Crunch May Be Here Sooner Than We Thought
- 12/15/14--12:04: My First Winter In A Tiny House
- 12/18/14--04:35: Tiny Houses Aren’t For Kids….are they?
- 12/31/14--19:09: New Year’s Resolutions
- 01/08/15--04:25: The Tiny Life Introduces Tiny House Quick Clips
- 01/15/15--05:35: Antique Folding Bathtub Ready For For Primetime
- 01/19/15--06:19: Houses From Tiny House Conference Attendees
- 01/22/15--05:25: From the British Wild: The Lodge at Edenhall
- 02/02/15--06:00: 2015 Tiny House Survey
- 02/16/15--06:26: Being Sick In A Tiny House
- 02/23/15--06:38: Sketchup Coming The 2015 Tiny House Conference
- 03/02/15--12:18: Tiny House Solar
I’ve been doing some thinking about tiny houses and my path to them. A little bit ago I realized that there were some key things I did that I realized may have actually taken the good of my tiny house and brought it to the next level: […]
Not since the Spice Bus with Baby Spice’s swing set, Posh’s catwalk, Scary’s fish tank, Sporty’s fitness center, and the ever-impressive fire pole, has a British double-decker bus seemed so very cool. But with the conversion of an original 1982 west midlands metro bus into a three-room hotel […]
I posted a new episode this week which is my crash course on getting started in your journey to building and living in a tiny house. For those of you with an iPhone, an Android or similar, you can subscribe to the podcast so they automatically download […]
Alright this post is inevitably going to ruffle some feathers and bring much disagreement. However I still feel like I need to share my thoughts on this topic. So if folks disagree, let’s try to keep the conversation civil and productive even if we disagree. Also please […]
One of the biggest stumbling blocks for tiny houses is finding land to put your tiny house, it can be tough to find land that will be well suited for it. I wrote a very detailed post that outlines all the things you need to consider when […]
As more and more people join the tiny house movement we are getting a lot of folks looking to make the leap with families. I get the question a lot: “how do I live in a tiny house with a family?” People want to know how they […]
I thought today I’d do a post to introduce myself to all the new readers we have received. It’s been a while since I’ve done this, several years in fact, so I thought I’d say hello! In this post I’ll share a little bit about me, about […]
On November 2, 2013 we first talked about Paul’s Wofati and its permaculture design and building standards. But who is Paul? Paul Wheaton is a contemporary permaculture theorist, master gardener, software engineer, and disciple of natural agriculturist Sepp Holzer. Geoff Lawton has called Paul Wheaton “The Duke of Permaculture” for being […]
One of the big questions when it came to tiny houses was “is this just a fad because of the recession of 2008?” Now that we are out of the slump and down the road to recovery we are able to see that it is certainly not […]
After getting back from Croatia I’ve been learning a good bit about living in my tiny house in the winter. This December in Charlotte has been breaking records left and right for how cold it has been. Most mornings when I wake up it’s been in the […]
“Can a family live in a small space?” It is a question repeated on forums, posts, discussion boards, and chats, all over the Interwebs. The answer is (sometimes surprisingly so), yes! And there is nothing more gratifying than seeing a small space that incorporates intelligent design and […]
So for many years I’ve written about how you shouldn’t have new year’s resolutions. How you should focus on what you have accomplished, not what you don’t yet have. There are a lot of good reasons to not set goals at new years, but this year I […]
In the last two months The Tiny Life has put together a YouTube playlist of essential videos that address hot topics in the tiny house world including comparing tiny houses to RVs, getting permitted with DMV, and even OpEd pieces like why RVIA can be a bad […]
Let it be known that Lloyd Alter is a huge friend and advocate of the tiny house world. He has written a number of articles about tiny houses, tiny house projects, and innovations made through smaller living. He is also the managing editor of TreeHugger. In an […]
One of the most rewarding things about putting on the Tiny House Conference is the amazing things that come out of it. I’ve met so many amazing people, have had a chance to see so many tiny houses and recently I learned that many people who came […]
With it’s unique tapering design and rich, golden timber, you expect to see a cabin like The Lodge at Edenhall in a vast Wyoming landscape stateside rather than riverside on the The River Eamont (a river in Cumbria, England and one of the major tributaries of the River […]
Every few years many of us in the tiny house movement rally to take the pulse of our community. Who are tiny house folks, what kind of houses do they live in, and how many tiny houses are out there. This survey is for people live in […]
So I’ve been living in my tiny house full time now for a little while and I still have a lot to get done before its totally finished, but recently I experienced one of thing that I had some concerns over when it comes to tiny houses: […]
I am really excited to share some big news, the makers of Sketchup are going to be sending a team of folks to the Tiny House Conference to help run training sessions at the conference! The 2015 Conference will be in Portland, OR April 18-19th 2015 (details […]
I know many of you have been wanting this post for a while, but it’s finally here: my solar panel system for my tiny house. I wanted to get the feel for what it is like to live off the grid so I could share more details […]