Articles on this Page
- 04/30/14--13:26: _Topics For Tiny Hou...
- 05/09/14--17:34: _Tiny House Conferen...
- 05/15/14--02:00: _North Carolina Tiny...
- 05/16/14--13:54: _The Search For New ...
- 06/08/14--13:17: _The Final Days Of B...
- 06/15/14--02:00: _Spotlight on Design...
- 07/15/14--02:00: _Keepin’ It Tiny
- 07/18/14--06:18: _Tiny House Building...
- 07/31/14--21:09: _Setting Up Your Lan...
- 08/10/14--19:46: _Moving My Tiny House
- 08/28/14--05:00: _New Zealand Tiny House
- 09/04/14--05:05: _Versatile Storage I...
- 09/08/14--17:53: _RVs Or A Tiny House...
- 09/14/14--06:32: _Episode 2.5 – Tiny ...
- 09/16/14--08:01: _Chemical Free House...
- 09/22/14--06:13: _Next Steps For The ...
- 09/30/14--11:39: _Final Hours For Ear...
- 10/06/14--06:14: _Dale’s Tiny House C...
- 10/12/14--06:49: _Dealing With Waste ...
- 10/16/14--05:00: _Simple Is As Simple...
- 04/30/14--13:26: Topics For Tiny House Conference 2015?
- 05/09/14--17:34: Tiny House Conference 2014 – Photos
- 05/15/14--02:00: North Carolina Tiny House Community
- 05/16/14--13:54: The Search For New Land – Part 4
- 06/08/14--13:17: The Final Days Of Building
- 06/15/14--02:00: Spotlight on Design: Wishbone Tiny Homes
- 07/15/14--02:00: Keepin’ It Tiny
- 07/18/14--06:18: Tiny House Building Codes
- 07/31/14--21:09: Setting Up Your Land For A Tiny House
- 08/10/14--19:46: Moving My Tiny House
- 08/28/14--05:00: New Zealand Tiny House
- 09/04/14--05:05: Versatile Storage In The Tiny House
- 09/08/14--17:53: RVs Or A Tiny House – Tiny House Chat Podcast
- 09/14/14--06:32: Episode 2.5 – Tiny House Chat
- 09/16/14--08:01: Chemical Free House At Tiny House Conference
- 09/22/14--06:13: Next Steps For The Tiny Life
- 09/30/14--11:39: Final Hours For Early Bird Tickets
- 10/06/14--06:14: Dale’s Tiny House Conference Videos
- 10/12/14--06:49: Dealing With Waste In Tiny Houses
- 10/16/14--05:00: Simple Is As Simple Does at Ermitage cabin
Simple post today. We are looking ahead and planning our next conference to be in Portland April, 2015. Let us know in the comments! What topics would you like to see presented by our tiny house experts?
So a few weeks after the conference I’ve finally got around to posting photos, trying to finish my house by the end of this month has had me busy! Here are a bunch of photos from the conference. Our photographer for the event was Christopher Tack. Two […]
On Easter morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Kerry Lindsey, an innovator and developer in Flat Rock, North Carolina who has begun a project to bring tiny houses to his existing retreat centered community. I was excited to hear about his plans and what he […]
This is the fourth part of a series, check out part 1, part 2, and part 3 if you’re new to the blog. Alright I have some pretty bad news, but first let me go back to where I left off in part three. So I hired […]
I just got back from my trip to Portland where I nailed down some of the details for the Tiny House Conference for April 2015. We will be having the next conference in the city of Portland itself. The city is a great place and I think […]
This month my spotlight on design features Asheville, North Carolina’s father and son design team, Gerry and Teal Brown, at Wishbone Tiny Homes. They were recently spotted at the Tiny House Conference this past spring. With their new location in the up and coming west side of […]
I just can’t hide from tiny houses. They seem to just fall in to my life in random ways. For example, I came home from work the other night and found this lovely house sitting by the entrance to the drive-way. It belongs to a local artist […]
It’s been a while since I did a post about how tiny houses deal with building codes, so today I wanted to share the top 5 myths about building codes, zoning and tiny houses. Myth 1: I don’t need a permit if it’s under ___ sq/ft. This […]
One thing I’ve realized through my entire journey is that not only do you have to build a house, but there is quite a bit that goes into setting up the land itself. These things include access, infrastructure, security and utilities. Each of these categories can be […]
It finally came time to move my tiny house from the land where I built it, to the land where I planned to live on it. Initially I had planned to build and live in it on the same property, but circumstances changed and it was time […]
In the winter of 2013 Brett Sutherland of Auckland, New Zealand set about to build a tiny house of his own design on a tandem-axle trailer right in the driveway of his parents home. Start to finish took just five months but with a bit of experience and a […]
In the past two years tiny house designers and builders have gotten quite clever at their inclusion of storage space. With minimal square feet of actual house space it is important to utilize every possible inch of a home. From toe kicks that reveal drawers and stairs […]
Some of you have heard already, but myself and Macy Miller have launched a podcast called Tiny House Chat. We already have a few episode up and you can listen to it on iTunes through the podcast app or on the website. Listen to it here: […]
A while ago I did a post on this topic, but this week I released an episode where I go over the article, but then also share how I decided to solve those problems. The original post is here: See it here The podcast can be found […]
Today I wanted to share one of the people who will be bringing a tiny house to the Conference. In just two weeks our early bird pricing closes on the Tiny House Conference, after October 1st tickets will go up to full price. More info at the […]
So it’s official, I’ve been living in my tiny house and while its still a work in progress, its at a point where I can live in it and do a lot of what I need to do in it. Right now I have a make shift […]
It is the final hours for early bird tickets to the Tiny House Conference! Registering by the end of the day on Oct 1st will save you $50 off the regular admission price. The Conference will be held in Portland, OR April 18th and 19th 2015. For […]
I just stumbled upon a series of four videos shot by an attendee of the Tiny House Conference of the 2014 conference in Charlotte. I had no idea he had shot these videos, but it was super fun to watch an outside perspective. Dale toured four tiny […]
I posted a new podcast episode for Tiny House Chat about how I handle waste in my tiny house. Focusing on trash, recycles, composting, gray water and more. Listen to it and other here: http://www.tinyhousechat.com/episode-6-5-dealing-with-waste-in-a-tiny-house/
The idea of how minimal is too minimal is one that can only be answered by the inhabitant of the space. Conversationally speaking there seem to be two major camps to emerge in the tiny house community. The first camp believe in the tiny house as comfy, […]